2pm: The Day before – getting ready.
Tomorrow morning I am off to a fabulous Oscars party at The Zeta Bar (Hilton, Sydney).Â The dress code is ‘Cocktail’, so that’s my first challenge – what will I wear? For us guys, that generally means a tie, shirt and dark coloured suit. For women,Â its usually a little frock that sits on the knee or just below. I think I’ll do my silvery grey suit, with crisp white shirt and slim DolceÂ black tie. I bet right at this moment, dozens of celebrity stylists are driving around the Hollywood hills, providing their celebrity clients with last minute styling tips. As a Sydney based stylist, I’ve already had a few celebs give me a call asking what they should wear to the party tomorrow.
My winner predictions and fashion forecast.
Apart from my predictions for theÂ Oscar winners – Kate Winslet (best female lead), Mickey Rourke (best male lead), Slumdog Millionaire (Best Movie), Penelope Cruz (best female supporting) and Heath Ledger (best male supporting). There will also be some winning fashion trends, I predict that the most popular looks will include:
- One shouldered gownsÂ will beÂ a popular choice, we’ve seen loads over the Globes, BAFTAS, SAGS andÂ how can we forget Michelle Obama’s stunning choice forÂ her husband’s inauguration.
- The most poplar dress colours will be shades ofÂ beige, cream and white. Midnight blue and the classic black will also be well represented. Metallics will also feature heavily.
- Bling will be scaled back this year, it will be more about the frock and shoes.Â Given the current economic climate celebs are (trying) to cut out excessive decadence – it doesn’t send out a good message.
- Less botox and cosmetic fillers- thats right! LA based plastic surgeons have reported that there hasn’t been a last minute surge in botox appointments. Another sign that Tinseltown has been hit by the global credit crunch.
- The bowtie is back, so I expect to see the more fashion forward males embracing this trend. I’m expecting Brad Pitt, Josh Brolin and Dev Patel (Slumdog Millionaire) to wear one.
6:50am – wake up call
Just got up, and about to start getting ready for the event.
8:30am – on my way to the red carpet.
My limo is booked (okay a silver service cab), and I am now on my wayÂ to the event. Hilton – here we come! Roll out the red carpet. I decided on my trusty silvery grey suit, and white shirt. Â I have to carry my ASUS laptop and a few office essentials, I’m having to accessorise with a dorky laptop bag 🙁 . Hope the fashion police aren’t out in force.