I have been waiting for about four weeks to post this but the wait is sooo worth it and I’m sure you will agree.
One of the girliest brands of all, Benefit Cosmetics, recently launched their latest range of scents, Crescent Row, in the US and Europe.Â And I am now the proud and very ecstatic, jumping up and down, owner of a set and I can’t tell you how heavenly they are scent and packaging wise – so, so adorable sitting on my dresser!
This morning my gorgeous girlie friend Amanda and I hoofed it over to the Paddington Benefit store – as an aside I want to live in the store because it’s just so girlie and fun – where we were totally pampered and spoilt with an eyebrow wax and mini-make over as well as getting all the goss on how the scents came to fruition.
The trio of scents – housed in 1920’s inspired cocktail shakers – were â€¨inspired by a row of Georgian townhouses in Bath, England. Jean’s daughters – Jane’s nieces – (FYI, Jean & Jane are twins and the founders of Benefit), Maggie & Annie, stumbled upon the incredible Royal Crescent.Â This exclusive strip of townhouses are now home to Benefit’s fictional three girls, Lee Lee, Sofia and Gina who represent their new range of scents.
With packaging in line with the theme, the front of each box features a door. When lined up next to each other, the crescent’s facade is formed and when opened, the front of the carton flips down to reveal the interior.Â See why I said you are going to want the complete set too?
The three scents each have a story around them as they relate to a ‘fictional’ character, so which one are you?
- Laugh With Me LeeLee is woody with top notes of cassis, melon and citrus; a heart of black violet, lily and jasmine; and a drydown of blond wood, amber and santal.
- her playful wink and mischievous smile, the flirtatious side of her innocent style, no thought or worry of what’s meant to be, first laughter, then love … “along came leelee”
- Something About Sophia is an oriental with top notes of mango and freesia; middle notes of sheer lily, jasmine sambac and peony petal; and a drydown of musk, white caramel and vanilla bean.
- she lives in a dream, more dazzling than fiction, imaginary yet real, she defies all prediction, an incredible girl, sofia draws you right in, to where the everyday ends … “and magic begins”
- My Place or Yours Gina has top notes of pink pepper, bergamot and tangerine; a heart of peony, wild raspberry and white lily; and base notes of patchouli, tonka bean and vanilla.
- gina lives to seduce, to tempt & flaunt, and knows you should always get what you want. so sinfully sexy, her allure is unjust, but as they say … “all’s fair in love & lust”
There’s even a cute quiz to help you figure out which character you relate to more, but I’m sure you will be like me and have a touch of all the girls in you which means you have to have the complete set 🙂
Available on Australian Benefit counters 2nd August
RRP $59 ea