I know I’m late on this post but we all know October is the PINK month and it’s all about raising awareness for Breast Cancer prevention.Â It’s all about thinking of those who are currently battling the beast, have beaten the beast or those who have sadly lost their lives to it.
It’s a devastating disease and it’s important that we are ‘Breast Aware’ by regularly checking our breasts for any changes or lumps. The sooner we find a change and get to our GP, the better.Â The McGrath Foundation have created this Breast Aware Brochure that you can download.
I have some beautiful Pink Ribbon products that are exclusive to me here in Australia.Â They are a beautiful gift idea to give to someone you love.Â My Pink Ribbon Compacts and Card Cases are each adorned with Swarovski Crystals and are lovingly made by my favourite artist Chandra Michaels.
Some facts on breast cancer are:
- Every day in Australia, more than 30 women discover they have breast cancer.
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer diagnosed in women aged over 35 years â€” 29% of all cancers diagnosed.
- 9 out of 10 women who get breast cancer do not have a family history of the disease.
- About 1 in 10 women in NSW will develop breast cancer by age 74 years.
- Age is the biggest risk factor in developing breast cancer: more than 70 per cent of cases occur in women over 50 years of age.
- 11,400 people (11,314 women and 86 men) were diagnosed with breast cancer in 2000.
- The average age of diagnosis of breast cancer in women is 59 years.
- Currently in Australia, 100,000 women, their families and friends have had to cope or are still coping with a diagnosis of breast cancer and its consequences.
- Breast cancer is the most common cause of death from cancer in Australian women.
- Women aged 50â€“69 who have a breast screen every 2 years can reduce their chance of dying from breast cancer by at least 30 per cent.
- During the period 1994 to 1998, the 5-year survival rate for women diagnosed with breast cancer was 85%. [Source]
The Keyring of Hope is made by a friend of mine here in Australia.Â The Keyring of Hope is a stylish and interchangeable key chain that is easy to use. More than a keyring, this cute little accessory can also be used as a handbag charm.Â Monies are donated directly to Dragons Abreast.
And I love my eco-chic water bottle by Principessa because it offers the an alternative toÂ plastic as well as being safely lined so there is no leaching, it\’s BPA free as well (and she’s so pretty).Â Â And my water bottle provides literary inspiration as you sweat it out on the cross trainer with the cutest artwork and an uplifting quote â€˜shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you\’ll land among the stars\’.
All products are available exclusively at my store and are exclusive to me here in Australia (except for the Keyring of Hope).
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl