So it’s coming up to Halloween at the end of this week, if you’re heading out to a Halloween party what are you going to dress up as?Â To help you along Sephora have come up with some gorgeous looks that you could create.Â I know Halloween is not huge here but we’re slowly getting into it and are using it as an excuse to put on a party!
MISS VAMPIRE TRICKS:
- After applying eye makeup, use a sponge to smear it upward and outward, for a chilling effect.
- Complement your fangs with a pair of spiky faux lashes and long black nails.
- Flip your hair upside-down and spray it with lots of hairspray. This will keep locks looking disheveled all night.
- Keep your complexion makeup fair and define with deep-toned blush for a goth-like allure.
MISS FAIRY TRICKS:
- Sprinkle loose shimmer powder into your body moisturizer for allover sparkle that sticks.
- Give special attention to your lower lashes: lengthening and defining them create an instant doe-eyed look.
- For an extra angelic gaze, rim your upper and lower lash lines with white liner and blend luminizer around your temples and on top of your cheek bones.
- For a fairy-like flush, apply blush only to the center of your cheeks. (Directly below your irises and to the side of your nose.)
MISS CLEOPATRA TRICKS:
- When applying black liner, get as close to the lash line as possibleâ€”a small detail that adds major impact. (Hello, hypnotic eyes!)
- For the best brow definition, use wax to define and shape, then go over it with powder for extra intensity.
- Go for the extra long false lashes; they higher they extend, the more geometrical your eyes will look.
- Instead of blush, use bronzer to sculpt your cheeks, concentrating the color only along the cheekbones.
MARIE ANTOINETTE TRICKS:
- To create a powdered-wig look, hold a dry shampoo spray close to your hair and mist it liberally until the white powder builds up.
- The secret to reshaping lips into an itty-bitty pout? Concealer and reverse lip liner.
- Use bronzer on your lids for a pop of gilded glamour.
- Use a dark eye liner pencil to create a faux beauty markâ€”and then set it with a translucent powder to ensure it doesn\’t budge.
MISS MOUSE TRICKS:
- Wear flared fake lashes to enhance the winged out shape of your eye makeup.
- Create a really wide-eyed look, but applying generous amounts of white liner to the inner corner and rims of the eyes.
- Keep hair extra slick by styling it while it\’s still wet. Once it dries, spray hairspray on a toothbrush, and use it to tame any remaining fly aways.
- Use cream shadow and a sponge to create a mouse nose; create clean whisker lines with a liquid liner and a ruler.
And MAC have prepared this amazing Halloween video:
So which look do you think you’d walk out the door with?Â I’m sure the Vampire is going to be the most popular, but of course I love Marie Antoinette.
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl
Sites That Link to this Post
- Things I Love Thursday « Death Wears Diamond Jewellery | 29 October , 2009