Barbie is one popular birthday gal … may be we can officially say that Barbie is a unique ICON for the 21st Century. You know I don’t use the word Icon loosely as it’s overused but I’m thinking that Barbie deserves that title!
Like you’ve never seen her before, Barbie has turned to the art world to appear in some of the most recognized images in history.
From surrealism to modern art, the fine art spectrum has welcomed the plastic diva and placed her into such works like Vermeer’s Girl With The Pearl Earring and The Beatles’ Yellow Submarine album art.
- Barbie in “Venus by Milo”; Barbie in “Girl With the Pearl Earring,” by Vermeer.
- Barbie in “Mona Lisa”, by Leonardo Davinci; Barbie in an Erwin Blumenfeld-shot Vogue cover.
- Barbie as Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel; Barbie as the Statue of Liberty, by Bartholdi.
- Barbie in a Helmut Newton photograph; Barbie as Nefertiti.
- Barbie in Man Ray photograph; Barbie in The Beatles’ Yellow Submarine Album Cover.
- Barbie in “Dora Maar”, by Picasso; Barbie in “The Portrait of Sylvia von Harden”, by Otto Dixx.
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl