Bling H2O – ego in a bottle!

| 22 March , 2010 | 20 Replies

Bling H2O is the inspiration of Kevin G. Boyd, Hollywood writer-producer and the first time I came across this outrageously priced water in a bottle was Jonathan Pease’s blog.  The Bling H2O bottles come as a Limited Edition corked 750ml reusable frosted glass with Swaroskvi Crystals on the front!

As JP points out it seems incredible that people are willing to part with upwards of US$35 for a bottle of water, may be you would once to keep the bottle!  I would go through four of these a day, I can definitely think of a better way to spend US$980 a week especially when there are literally millions of people around the world struggling everyday to access clean drinking water.

How did it come about?  While working on various studio lots where image is foremost Kevin noticed that you could tell a lot about a person by the bottled water they carried, apparently actors were very particular about their H2O. “They would request specific, premium brands of water in their riders. And they practically flaunted their water, as if it had something to do with their status,” Boyd observed.

Now Bling H2O has released The Dubai Collection “The Ten Thousand,” each bottle has over 10,000 hand applied Swarovski Crystals … the price tag … US$2,600.

May be he could be donating monies from the sales of the bottles to those countries that need help with Clean Water?  Now then I wouldn’t mind making a purchase!

Enough said …

Tags: , ,

Category: Lifestyle

Good luck 🙂

2. Apedersen_92 says:

another marketing principals student at uws….. lmfao

3. loll says:

lmaooo…hahah samee here people…finding stuff is hard

4. LOOL says:

UWS marketeer right here too :L due today … :/

5. Joel says:

lol… yeep another uni student here…. gotta learn to not leave assessments last minute :P… thanks for the link Sassi Sam 🙂

6. JOHNNY J says:

breeza you do marketing principles at UWS, good question hahahaha

7. Sharyn says:

Thanks for your comments… Also doing assignment of this product. Not happy!!

I too am of the belief that the product is a waste of resources. We are already a “throw away” society as it is and many people around the world do not even have clean drinking water to consume. To purchase a product just to be seen is bordering on the absolute ridiculous.

However, there are people out there that have too much money to throw away – I for one will save my $40.

Hi Guys,
    I can’t do your marketing assignment for you as you can see from my comments I’m not thrilled with this product, it’s targeted at the high end consumer who is focused on ‘been seen’ … seeing as there are billions of people around the world without clean water I would have liked to have seen this product address that issue rather than creating a ridiculously overpriced product for the ‘rich.’
    I don’t know how well it would do in Australia, but there would be plenty of ‘wannabes’ that would purchase this, even if it’s just for the bottle.
    You might want to check out my post of Cate Blanchett & SK-II and what they are doing to help address the Global Clean Water CRISIS:
    Good luck with your assignments.

9. meena says:

HAHAHAHAHA…… this blog seems more like a place to do our assignments than what people really think of bling…..come on people tell us wat the ethical concerns are…. help us out we needa get our marketing assignment sumitted.

Hi Steve,
    I’ll respond to this a bit later for you with my thoughts.

11. Steve says:

hahaha um, i was just wondering .. Who do you think the consumers would be for this product if it were available in Australia? and if you want to can you outline the main characteristics that might influence the behaviour of Bling consumers if it were available in Australia.

just out of curiosity

Good luck.

13. LOL says:

UWS Marketing assighment, here to LOL LOL LOL LOL…

14. John says:

Yea this is my case study for an assignment what are some of the ethical concerns behind this bottle of water?

15. Justin says:

LoL you obviuosly go to UWS BReeza since this is the case study for marketing.

16. breeza says:

lol, who do you think would buy it in australia?

17. CoutureCouture says:

So what if the water is expensive, you could say the same thing about food. What you’re paying for here is the pretty wrapping. If you think of a way to make money that isn’t hurting anyone through slave labor, racism, and sexism, go for it. What you should do is: go donate everything you ever bought at Nike or WalMart, because they use forced child labor.

18. bling bling says:

i love it too much!

I have to admit I’m a sucker for the packaging but it would be a much easier purchase if it wasn’t so egotistically driven and had the donation component added to it!

20. melanie says:

I think it’s quite thoughtless and a huge waste of resources. I would be extremely embarrased holding one of those, like I am when I carry a plastic bag. It’s water. It should be the right of everyone, not turned into a commodity for profit.