Aussie fashion brand Wheels & Dollbaby has signed on Leah Wood, daughter of Rolling stone Ronnie Wood for their new Denim Collection “The Misfits.” Photographed just last week at their iconic Darlinghurst boutique, this is your sneak-peak at the upcoming 2010 ad campaign with Leah.
Click a few times to view the image in full-size
The Misfits was named for the 1960’s grainy western starring Marilyn Monroe and the first foray into denim has seen Wheels and Dollbaby channel influences as broad as 50s Bardot and Monroe to 80s and 90s rock ‘n’ roll attitude.
Designer Melanie Greensmith worked extensively to stay true to the Wheels signature brand of well cut, feminine with an edge pieces the collection focuses on super-flattering fits in classic hues of indigo and black alongside an edgy leather look finish.
The women’s range comprises seven styles available in differing fabrications:
- Ace of Spades (RRP$250):Â The slim boot is the star piece in the range and features WDB Logo studded side seams inspired by a Motorhead record.Â Â Designed to be worn unbuttoned at hem over your highest Louboutin heels or even cowboy boots creating a subtle boot cut line.
- All About Eve (RRP$225): This hi rise zipper skinny jean indigo wash is a sexy high rise style with a long leg and inner seam zip detail designed to wear open over your heels for leg lengthening – fabrications include a classic Indigo, Super Black and an edgy waxed leather look finish.
- The Razor’s Edge Zip Detail Capri (RRP$185): Channelling Brigitte Bardot barefoot in St. Tropez, the 1950s style Capri jean in over-dyed black stretch denim has a subtle tough and sexy edge with silver hardware and zip details at the ankle.Â The high rise cut flatters all figure types and unique curved yoke seam at back creates a shapely line.
- Some like it hot turn up detail shorts (RRP$170): The low-rise shorts are sure to be a summer festival essential, with cute back pocket embroidery completing the look. (Available in Blue/Black or Indigo). The wash is designed to fade beautifully over time and the turn up cuff flatters the leg.
- Roustabout Classic Slim Cut (RRP$190):Â The basic lower rise slim cut is your essential everyday jean – well cut for a clean line and minimum fuss with a low price tag to match. Available in Sunshine Indigo, Black and Cherokee Leather look.
The Denim line is in-store now and will be launching in selected General Pants stores nationally in July.Â In the campaign Leah is wearing the Ace of Spades jeans!
For those that are unaware, Leah Wood and her TV producer husband Jack Macdonald and one year old daughter Maggie Dylan migrated to Australia earlier this year, they reside in Darling Point.
Courtesy of Wheels & Dollbaby
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl