Me and my blog, what’s happening?

| 26 May , 2010 | 15 Replies

It’s my goal to strive to be the best person that I can be everyday!

Wow, where do I even begin.  The past few weeks have been incredibly challenging for me to say the least, but you will have noticed that I’ve struggled with the blog posting for the past five days or so, that’s because of a number of reasons which I’ll outline here but I also wanted to take the opportunity to talk about a few other things about me, Sam not Sassi! 🙂

I have been in the online space now for five years and I’m struggling at the moment with so many things and I’m not going to bore you with those details.  We all have our own journeys that we are on and no one person’s journey is harder or better than anyone else’s but I do like to remind myself that there is someone out there worse off than me to try and put life back into perspective when it gets all too hard some days.

The past four weeks I’ve been experiencing a lot of external sabotaging in a number of forms, I’ve never experienced this before but I’m trying to go with the flow and deal with each incident the best way that I can.

The most hurtful form of external sabotaging was to find out that someone who I thought was a friend has been backstabbing me, and for some time too I find out … I have compassion for this person as I understand that they are struggling with their own issues and are projecting them onto me, but that doesn’t mean that I am not hurt by their actions and of course I can no longer trust them.

This was the beginning … of my sabotaging.

In the past couple of weeks, I’ve had my computer hacked and sent to geek hospital twice (never happened in my life of owning a computer before), and now my blog has been experiencing major major issues and corrupted itself completely randomly on Monday and I’ve been unable to blog.  And this is at the end of six months of hell trying to get my new blog design finished and it’s still not (not going to bore you with that nightmare).

And on top of all this, I’ve been in bed sick since Friday last week …

I don’t know what to think about the above.

When we’re in crisis, we learn more about ourselves and those that care about us or those that we thought cared about us.  As people who are close to me know, the past few years for me have been so incredibly challenging and confronting and only a few special friends have stuck with me and for that I’m incredibly grateful but a lot haven’t and although I am saddened and still feel hurt that they were unable to walk beside me during hard times, I accept where they were at and understand why they were unable to deal with what I have been going through.  BUT, I’ve picked up some amazing new friends and supporters, who are incredibly authentic and are there for me when I need them in the good times and the bad and I feel so blessed … you know how you are 🙂

But I also must mention the kind words of strangers has been amazing and has meant a lot to me!

During these challenging times, I also feel lucky to have had an amazingly supportive family who I couldn’t get through life without and of course feel lucky to have my blog and business to keep me busy and add a bright spot to my day.

Oh God, how could I forget, thank god for Ellen!

I have endeavored to create a fun space for you to pop by for a visit when you’re having a break, like a kit kat break but instead it’s a “Sassi Break” … BUT I’m not saving the world and that’s why I don’t take it seriously.

So right now I am feeling a touch disheartened about what I’m doing and what’s been happening … I hope to find a clearer direction again soon but for now, I don’t know how much I’ll be blogging, I’ll just do what I feel is right for that day.

Thank you for all your support and kindness you have showered upon me, I’m forever grateful that you found a moment in your day to pop by for a dose of “Sunshine & Lollipops” on your “Sassi Break.”

Photo credits: Clover Punk, Jill Greenberg,and Jenny Van Sommers

Love, Light & Happiness
Sam creator of Sassi!

Category: Lifestyle

Sites That Link to this Post

1. My blog has had another meltdown | Sassi Sam Girlie Gossip Files | 2 August , 2010
  1. Frances says:

Hey Sam,

You have a heart of gold, and as I can see, a lot of people know that too. Dust off whoever it was that was sabotaging you, because they don’t deserve your time.

As for all those other hurdles, you would be a weak person if you never had any to conquer. You are a strong woman and someone for us all to draw strength and inspiration from.

Baby steps Sam… Things will look up…

2. Natalie says:

The break might do you the world of good. I’ll be right here waiting to resume my consumption of Sassi Breaks whenever the time feels right for you to return. xox

3. Tammerly says:

Hang in there Sam.
    You know how much I admire you, your hard work and amazing efforts. Let’s have a girly catch up sometime soon – we can have a laugh and enjoy all the good things life has to offer.
    All my love to you right now xx

4. Imelda Matt says:

Faaaark! After the shiz you’ve been through, it’s no surprise a break is order…it’s something we all need from time to time. Breathe. Relax. Reboot. You’ll come back stronger than ever.

No words can convey how much your kind words and support means to me, thank you so much. I’m not giving up, I just need to find my way again and be better.

6. Steph says:

I’m glad that you are doing the right thing by yourself and taking a break. Breathe, think, inspire yourself to come back.

I wish you all the best and keep in mind all the people that love and support you 110%, always.

I’ve thought of you as an amazing person, even before I met you and now after I got the chance to see the real amazing you I look up to you even more.

Holla if you need anything, anything at all!

7. Kate says:

There is nothing more vile than people who feel the need to take down and discredit others to make themselves feel good. It’s a horrible personality trait and you can be sure that karma will come to the person who has been doing this to you. Your blog has been a daily stop for me since we met at the 30 Days Pink Dresses launch (that Kate!), and always makes me smile. It sounds like you need a short break – not only to get your body back in fighting shape but also your spirit. Don’t let them win xx

8. Lenya Jones says:

Sam, we love you, please don’t stop blogging. And you will always have my support.

9. Kirsty says:

Keep your chin up, never give up and don’t worry about frenemy’s karma will bite them on the bum!

10. Bree says:

It takes a lot of courage to write a personal post like that, Sam! Well done for your bravery. Take care of yourself, and get some me-time – it always helps! Know that every one goes through tough times and if you have a great blog – like you do – your blog readers will always stick by you!

11. Sarah says:

we love you Sam, keep up the fabulous work and look foward to seeing your blog back soon!

12. Hannah says:

Oh Sam, what an awful time you’re going through right now… the important thing is that you make sure you’re doing what’s right for YOU as a person. Although a blog/business can feel all-consuming it should be what you do, and not who you are.

Go and do what you need to do – we’ll be here when you decide what path you want to take. Take care xx

13. Nikki says:

It takes a wonderful woman to put a post up like yours and I for one thank you for it. We are all only human. We don’t always cope, we have off days, weeks, months, years. Do know that for every rotten egg, there are 11 farm fresh ones offering support and probably a damn good “sunnyside over” brunch.

14. Clare says:

You’ve been so strong and gracious during all the difficulties you’ve had. You’re really someone to admire.

Keep doing your thing, when you’re ready, we love you for it.