International model Daria Webowy makes the cover and inside Australia’s Madison Magazine’s August 2010 issue, it’s refreshing to have an international model that’s not overexposed on our front cover.
Photographed by Mario Testino, the cover was originally seen on Vogue UK’s May 2009 issue, it’s a timeless photo so it fits perfectly (I don’t know if it’s been on others). Madison hail Daria (26 years old) as the next Kate Moss on the front cover.Â The inside images of Daria were photographed by Tom Munro and have been used in a couple of European magazines in late 2009.
It appears to be a new interview as Madison shows up at a studio in New York City (Rebecca Wallwork) in the meatpacking district.Â They talk about Daria’s mum being shocked on her full frontal nude editorial and cover with Love Magazine but she thinks they were “beautiful images of the female body and that they were a celebration of that.”
Daria lists some of her favourite things:
- Must have beauty products: Obviously Lancome products, she’s very loyal (signed with them when she was 21), Genifique Youth Activating Eye Concentrate, Tropiques Mineral Smoothing Bronzing Powder, and the Hydra Zen Neurocalm Soothing Anti-Stress Tinted Moisturising Cream.
- Tech Obsession: Has Petfinder on her iPhone, she loves going to dog parks to watch dogs, she has a current wolf obsession and loves watching wolf documentaries and has a lot of wolf books.
- Mentors: her family
- Travel Survival Tips: iPod and she covers her lamps and lights incense
- Travel Wishlist: Iceland, Venezuela, Greenland, the Middle East.
- Feelgood: Wants to start a foundation for kids, similar to Centro Espacial (Lancome Project) but with sailing and art components to it.
The August issue comes with a free woollen scarf and $30 gift voucher from Mimco, we also see Juliana Forge and Alyssa Sutherland inside as well as a popular theme in our magazines right now, up and coming young Aussie models.
On newstands today.
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl