On Thursday I was invited to attend the media launch for the Ginger&Smart Nokia E72 -Amethyst Smart Phone collaboration at the Kudu Lounge in Darlinghurst. Nokia partnered with Aussie design duo Ginger&Smart who created a limited edition leather pouch inspired by the handset’s deep amethyst colour.
Co-founders and designers of Ginger&Smart, Genevieve and Alexandra Smart, said: “Individuality, relevance and functionality are at the core of our designs. We enjoyed designing an accessory for the Nokia E72 Amethyst which also represents these trademark qualities.
“Our limited edition Ginger&Smart for Nokia pouch is perfect for fashion forward career women who want a practical yet stylish bag they can take from day to night,” they said.
The Ginger&Smart for Nokia Pouch features several pockets for storing all your must have items including, of course, a space for the Nokia E72 Amethyst, coin purse and lipstick, pen and credit card holders.
The Pouch is made from luxe Italian leather in a soft soft grey colour and can be worn across the body or held with a shortened strap (although I haven’t figured the shortened strap bit out yet, currently mine goes down to my knees).
The key features of the Nokia E72 Amethyst include:
- Instant access to work and personal email accounts
- Ability to set up instant messaging (IM) directly from the home screen
- QWERTY keypad
- Faster Internet speeds for improved web browsing
- Free Ovi Maps with A-GPS navigation
- Five megapixel camera
- Access to hundreds of applications and content from Nokia\’s Ovi Store. Nokia loves “I Parked Here”, an application that helps you find your car after a busy days shopping!
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl
FYI: upon departure we were given a Ginger&Smart Pouch and the new Nokia E72 phone, thank you Nokia for your generosity.