As we all were glued to our TV’s watching in horror as the torrential floods wreaked havoc throughout Queensland and headed down to Brisbane, my mate Fashion Stylist and Fashion Designer Donny Galella put out the call to put on a Sydney Fundraiser to help raise monies to help the flood victims. First to put up her hand was Sara Bray, an amazing party organiser and they have pulled together an amazing fundraiser called Syd Hearts QLD.
Syd Hearts QLD will be held on Australia Day Eve at Trademark in Kings Cross with a prize pool close to $80,000 with “100 per cent” of the takings going directly to the cause.
- When: Tuesday 25th January â€“ (Australia Day Eve)
- Time: 6.30pmÂ – 10.30pm
- Where: Trademark – Corner ofÂ Pennys Lane & Bayswater Road, Potts Point
- Cost: a $100 donation per personÂ (pre-sold only)
The ticket includes: food, drinks, entertainment by DJ\’s including The Faders, Rogers Room and more. You will also have a chance to win a share of theÂ $80,000 worth of prizes that have been very kindly donated. Some of the prizes up for grabs are from Alex Perry, Charlie Brown, Zanerobe, Moet, BlackBerry, Xbox, Nespresso, Samantha Wills and many more. To see the full prize list click here.
100% of the ticket price and every cent raised on the night is getting donated to the QLD Premier\’s Disaster Relief Fund.Â Around 400 people are expected to attend including local celebrities showing their support including Alex Perry, Henry Roth, Taj Burrow, Corbin Harris, Nikki Phillips, Maude Garrett, Melissa Hoyer and many more. The night will be MC\’d by Donny Galella and TV presenter Maude Garrett, who\’s Brisbane family home got flooded (you can read about her story on her blog).
The key auction prizes:
- Alex Perry – Australia’s most glamorous fashion designer & TV star. Within minutes of my call out he offered his support. Alex has kindly donated a personal shopping & style session with the man himself and a $2,000 retail experience voucher to use at his gorgeous Strand Arcade boutique. A true money can’t buy experience!Â Â www.alexperry.com.au
- Charlie Brown -Â this kind hearted designerÂ reallyÂ knowsÂ how to dressÂ real women and makes clothes to suit them. She has kindlyÂ donated a $2,500 gift voucher, and Charlie Brown will personally help you shop and style you.Â Such an invaluable shopping experience www.charliebrown.com.au
- Westfield and Donny Galella – Be treated like a star and have your own personal stylist for three hours.Â Westfield stylist Donny GalellaÂ will takeÂ you shopping atÂ the new Westfield Sydney. Plus Westfield have kindly donated a $2,000 Westfield GiftÂ (Total prize value $2,500) www.westfield.com.au
- Moet Henessey – Moet Masterclass for 20-30 people, valued at over $2,500 www.lvmh.com
To read more about the fundraiser and see the full list of the $80,000 prize pool, VISIT DONNY’S BLOG.
If you can’t make this you can always donate to the Queensland Premier’s Flood Relief Appeal, located here: http://telethon.smartservice.qld.gov.au/
To see more images of the floods, I borrowed the images from this blog.
The most amazing part of this tragedy, is the community spirit it’s been incredibly heartwarming to witness and Anna Bligh has shown amazing strength of character and done a brilliant job of keeping everyone informed and managing the destruction and all the volunteers especially the ones that risked their lives to save others, a thank you isn’t really enough.
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl