Naomi Watts & Nicole Kidman: Red Carpet Arrivals at 26th Film Independent Spirit Awards 2011 + Winners
The 2011 Spirit Awards and Los Angeles Film Festival has handed out top honours toÂ Black Swan, Winter’s Bone, 127 Hours, and The Kids Are All Right at the 26th Film Independent Spirit Awards (February 26th) held in a tent on the beach in Santa Monica.
Seen on the red carpet we saw: Nicole Kidman (wearing: L’Wren Scott dress and Charlotte Olympia shoes), Liev Schrieber & Naomi Watts (wearing: Chanel Dress & bag), Mia Wasikowska (wearing: Rodarte for Opening Ceremony dress and Nicholas Kirkwood shoes), Natalie Portman (wearing: Givenchy dress and bag with Stella McCartney shoes), Jennifer Lawrence (wearing: Dolce & Gabbana dress and Christian Louboutin shoes), Sandra Oh, Michelle Trachtenberg (wearing: Pamella Roland Jacket Coat), Zoe Saldana (wearing: Dolce & Gabbana Dress and Brian Atwood shoes), James Tupper & Anne Heche (wearing: Dolce & Gabbana), Vera Farmiga, Annette Bening & Warren Beatty, Mark Ruffalo & Sunrise Coigney, Rosario Dawson (wearing: Burberry Prorsum dress and Brian Atwood shoes), and Eva Mendes (Chanel dress and Pierre Hardy shoes).
This year’s biggest winner goes to Fox Searchlight’s Black Swan, which won Best Feature, Best Director, Best Female Lead, and Best Cinematography.
Sandra Oh opened the carpet with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and an announcement that LG Cinema 3D made a $100,000 contribution to Film Independent’s signature diversity program Project:Involve. Â Project:Involve nurtures the careers of talented writers, directors and producers from under-represented communities.
Full list of winners:
- Best Feature: Black Swan
- Best Director: Darren Aronofsky, Black Swan
- Best Screenplay: The Kids Are All Right
- Best First Feature: Get Low
- Best First Screenplay: Lena Dunham, Tiny Furniture
- John Cassavetes Award (For the best feature made under $500,000): Daddy Longlegs
- Best Supporting Female: Dale Dickey, Winter’s Bone
- Best Supporting Male: John Hawkes, Winter’s Bone
- Best Female: Natalie Portman, Black Swan
- Best Male: James Franco, 127 Hours
- Best Cinematography: Matthew Libatique, Black Swan
- Best Foreign Film: The King’s Speech
- Best Documentary: Exit Through The Gift Shop
The Spirit Awards was the first event to exclusively honor independent film, and over the past 26 years has become the premier awards show for the independent film community, celebrating films made by filmmakers who embody independence and originality. For more information on the winners, photo galleries, and video clips from the arrivals and show, please visit www.SpiritAwards.com.
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl