Karl Lagerfeld brings his legendary creativeness going behind the camera to direct Rachel Bilson in a series of short films to introduce American audiences to the self indulgent pleasures of Magnum Ice Cream that I’m shocked to learn has been enjoyed around the globe for 20 years but not in the US.
The three-piece film series will be revealed on April 21st during the Tribeca Film Festival for the debut of an original film series. Simultaneous to the exclusive premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival, the lead film will be released to viewers around the world on Magnum’s Facebook page, facebook.com/magnum.
Attendees at the premiere will be among the first in the U.S. to taste Magnum ice cream bars â€“ crafted of silky vanilla bean or rich, chocolate ice cream with thick, crackling Belgian chocolate â€“ before they are available nationwide in April.
“Karl Lagerfeld’s creative vision has always inspired me, and this series brings his concept of pleasure to life,” said Rachel Bilson. “The films capture the indulgence and luxury of Magnum ice cream. My character believes that a day without pleasure is a day lost, and that’s a perfect representation of the Magnum lifestyle â€“ and my personal philosophy, too.”
In the sensory-rich films, Rachel Bilson plays the heroine in three distinct vignettes:
- “Photo Mood” features Rachel Bilson as an annoyed famous model who finds the pleasure she’s been seeking in the form of a smooth and delicious Magnum ice cream bar.
- “Applause” stars Rachel as a world-renowned prima ballerina who, when unexpectedly faced with an over-zealous throng of fans and the Â amorous embrace of her boyfriend, played by internationally renowned model Baptiste Giabiconi, evades them all to savor a moment for herself by enjoying a Magnum bar.
- “Art Class,” Rachel Bilson is an art student obsessed by her strong desire for a Magnum ice cream bar, and is then inspired to create a beautiful work of art as she satisfies her craving.
The first trailer of the films will post on the Magnum ice cream Facebook page on April 19, ahead of the films’ premiere during the Tribeca Film Festival and on Facebook. Rachel will also appear in global print and television advertising that will debut in May and also photographed by Karl.
Magnum ice cream bars will be available in six delicious flavors (3-pack RRP$3.99 or individual RRP$2.59 – much cheaper than us here ours!!):
- Magnum Classic – Silky vanilla bean ice cream dipped in a thick layer of Belgian milk chocolate
- Magnum Almond – Silky vanilla bean ice cream covered in a thick layer of Belgian milk chocolate with crunchy almonds
- Magnum Double Caramel – Silky vanilla bean ice cream enrobed in a luscious chocolatey coating, rich caramel sauce and thick Belgian milk chocolate
- Magnum Double Chocolate – Creamy chocolate ice cream enrobed in a luscious chocolatey coating, rich chocolatey sauce and thick Belgian milk chocolate
- Magnum White – Silky vanilla bean ice cream dipped in a thick layer of Belgian white chocolate
- Magnum Dark – Silky vanilla bean ice cream dipped in 60% cacao Belgian dark chocolate
Looking forward to it, I have to say I did love the Benicio Del Toro Magnum campaigns that we’ve been enjoying over here for the past couple of years, they were clever!
Courtesy of Magnum Ice Cream
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl