Tonight (March 24th) the prestigious Prix de marie claire Awards were held at Fox Studios, Moore Park in Sydney.Â Hosted by Marie Claire Editor Jackie Frank and co-host comedian Tim Ross honoring and celebrating the Australian Fashion and Beauty Industries.
“We have been holding the Australian Prix de marie claire Awards since 2005, and the fact that they are the most respected fashion and beauty awards in the country is something that I am extremely proud of. From recognising the most amazing products launched, to supporting Australian fashion, the awards draw on the experience of marie claire editors, and the views of our readers who have voted in their thousands for our Readersâ€˜ Choice categories.“ Jackie Frank.
An amazing line-up of A-list guests walked the black carpet including; Megan Gale (wearing Alex Perry),Â Lara Bingle (wearing Alaia), Sophie Monk, Rachael Finch, Erin McNaught (wearing Alex Perry), Nathan Jolliffe, Erika Heynatz, Charlotte Dawson (wearing Alex Perry & LK Jewellery), Laura Dundovic (wearing Charlie Brown) and Terry Biviano (wearing Aurelio Costarella).
Also seen on the carpet were fashion designers including Akira, sass & bide, Alex Perry, Dion Lee, Leona Edmiston, J\’Aton, camilla & marc, Carla Zampatti, Aurelio Costarella, Lisa Ho, Nicole & Simone Zimmermann, Josh Goot, Easton Pearson, Kit Willow, Ginger and Smart, Kym Ellery and Rachael Ruddick among others.
The winners of the 2011 Prix de marie claire Awards will be here soon … so make sure you come back to visit but so far we have:
Fashion Award Winners:
- Rachael Ruddick:Â Best Accessory Brand
- Ellery: Best New/Up-And Coming Designer
- sass & bide: Best Australian Fashion brand
- Alex Perry: The Reader’s Choice Best Australian Designer
- Kit Willow: Judge’s Choice Award for the Best Designer
- Cue: Best Australian Fashion Brand, Reader’s Choice)
- Anna & Boy: Best Swimwear Brand
- Seafolly: Best Swimwear Brand, Reader’s Choice
- Oroton: Best Underwear Brand
- Elle McPherson Intimates: Best Underwear Brand, Reader’s Choice)
- Oroton: Best Australian Accessory Brand, Reader’s Choice
- Margot McKinney: Best Australian Fine Jewellery
- Christine: Best Boutique
- Pandora: Best Fashion With Heart Award
- Carla Zampatti: Special Achievement Award
Alex Perry shared: “Apart from the honour of being nominated in the first place, I am so happy and humbled to receive this award- I have spent a huge part of my life and career building the success of the label and this award is the icing on the cake for me”
Beauty Award Winners:
- Best Skincare Product Steal: Dr. LeWinn’s Facial Moisturising Lotion
- Best Makeup Splurge: Chanel Rouge Coco Lip Rouge
- Best Fragrance Award: Calvin Klein Beauty EDP
- Best Makeup Product Steal: Rimmel London Volume Flash X10 Mascara
- Best Skincare Product Splurge: Dermalogica Ultracalming Serum Concentrate
- Best Skincare Product Steal: Dr. Lewinn\’s Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF 30+
- Best Haircare/Styling Product Splurge: L\’OrÃ©al Professionnel SÃ©rie Expert Delicate Color Protecting Shampoo
- Best Haircare/Styling Product Steal: L\’OrÃ©al Paris Elvive Total Repair 5 Deep Repair Treatment
- Best Body Product Splurge: Chanel PrÃ©cision Body Excellence Intense Hydrating Milk
- Best Body Product Steal: NIVEA Touch of Happiness Body Lotion
- Prix d\’Excellance Awards International: Roc Sublime Energy/Brillance; Guerlain SÃ©rum Abeille Royale; Clinique Even Better Clinical; LancÃ´me Teint Miracle Foundation
- Best Chemical Formula: L\’OrÃ©al Paris Solar Expertise Sun Protection Oil; Garnier Ambre Solaire Golden Protect Oil
- Prix d\’Excellance Awards Australia: Tom Ford Beauty Private Blend Lip Color; Elizabeth Arden PrevageÂ® Day Ultra Protection Anti-Aging Moisturizer with Sunscreens
- Ethic Award: Aveda Earth Month
Previous winners of the Best New/Up and Coming Designer award have included Josh Goot (2005), Yeojin Bae (2007) and Dion Lee (2009).
Presented by this year\’s official Beauty category partner ÂÌ¶ MYER, the Prix d\’Excellence de la BeautÃ© Awards recognise the best beauty products to have launched this year.
Courtesy of Marie Claire
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl