Australian TV’s night of nights, The 2011 53rd Logie Awards night was held last night (May 1st) at Crown Palladium hosted by Shane Bourne with every famous face on our tele out in force all scrubbed up nicely to enjoy their industry knees up and celebrate all that they’ve achieved!Â My stylish pic of the night has to go to Sarah Murdoch, oh my she looked oh so elegant in her Roland Mouret dress!
With special guest star Katy Perry (who launched her fragrance yesterday – April 30th) and Brit girl of the moment Jesse J and Maroon Five these international guests joined our stars on the red carpet.
And stars a plenty there were, including the Myer girls out in force; Rebecca Judd (nee Twiggley) is as stylish as ever with her growing ‘bump’, Lauren Phillips and Laura Dundovic glamming up the red carpet including some ‘flashing’ of her knickers from Ms Dundovic, ooops!
Also looking glamboyant tonight we saw; Charlotte Dawson, Jessica Marais, Megan Gale, Rachael Finch, Erin McNaught, Asher Keddie, Gian Rooney, Esther Anderson, Sonia Kruger, Carrie Bickmore, Rhonda Burchmore, Daniel Macpherson, Kerri-Anne Kennerley, Rebecca Breeds, Luke Mitchell, Brynne Edelsten,Â Sandra Sully, George Negus, Rebecca Gibney, Anna O’Byrne, Jamie Durie, Lee Furlong, Lauren Newton, Hamish & Andy,Â Firass Dirani, Michelle Bridges, Bindi Irwin, Terri Irwin, Leisel Jones, Kerri-Anne Kennerley, Hayley Lewis, Magda Szubanski, MasterChef lads, Natalie Gruzlewski, The Circle Girls: Yumi Stynes, Denise Drysdale, Chrissy Swan, Gorgi Coghlan, Heidi Middleton, Sarah-Jane Clarke, Lisa McCune, Shelley Craft, Catriona Rowntree, Zoe Ventoura, Gigi Edgley, Faustina Agolley and Joanna Griggs.
Thank god for my favourite “everything” on TV, Channel 9’s Karl Stefanovic, he won a Gold & Silver Logie and I’m so happy for him, he’s so loveable.Â He called co-host Lisa Wilkinson “a good sort” and then sent a shout-out to his wife Cass, saying “she has the best arse I’ve ever seen.” Only Karl could get away with that!Â When he won the Gold he thanked his wife first for “giving up a promising TV career of her own with the ABC to let me do this and look after our three beautiful kids,” and also thanked boss David Gyngell, saying, “I love you mate as a boss, and more importantly, as a friend.”
The winners List:
- GOLD LOGIE â€“ Most Popular Personality on TV: Karl Stefanovic (Today, Nine)
- SILVER LOGIE â€“ Most Popular Actor: Hugh Sheridan (Packed To The Rafters, Seven)
- SILVER LOGIE â€“ Most Popular Actress: Asher Keddie (Offspring, Ten)
- SILVER LOGIE â€“ Most Popular Presenter: Karl Stefanovic (Today, Nine)
- MOST POPULAR NEW MALE TALENT: Firass Dirani (Underbelly: The Golden Mile, Nine)
- MOST POPULAR NEW FEMALE TALENT: Chrissie Swan (The Circle, Ten)
- MOST POPULAR DRAMA SERIES: Packed To The Rafters (Seven)
- MOST POPULAR LIGHT ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAM: The Circle (Ten)
- MOST POPULAR LIFESTYLE PROGRAM: Better Homes And Gardens (Seven)
- MOST POPULAR SPORTS PROGRAM: The Footy Show (AFL) (Nine)
- MOST POPULAR REALITY PROGRAM: MasterChef Australia (Ten)
- MOST POPULAR FACTUAL PROGRAM: Bondi Rescue (Ten)
- SILVER LOGIE â€“ Most Outstanding Drama Series, Miniseries or Telemovie: Underbelly: The Golden Mile (Nine)
- SILVER LOGIE â€“ Most Outstanding Actor: Richard Roxburgh (Rake, ABC1)
- SILVER LOGIE â€“ Most Outstanding Actress: Claire van der Boom (Sisters Of War, ABC1)
- GRAHAM KENNEDY AWARD FOR MOST OUTSTANDING NEW TALENT: Firass Dirani (Underbelly: The Golden Mile, Nine)
- MOST OUTSTANDING NEWS COVERAGE: “New Zealand Mine Disaster” (Seven News)
- MOST OUTSTANDING PUBLIC AFFAIRS REPORT: “Smugglers’ Paradise” (Four Corners, ABC1)
- MOST OUTSTANDING LIGHT ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAM: Spicks And Specks (ABC1)
- MOST OUTSTANDING SPORTS COVERAGE: The Ashes 2010 First Test – Day One at the Gabba (Nine Network)
- MOST OUTSTANDING CHILDREN’S PROGRAM: Dance Academy (ABC3)
- MOST OUTSTANDING FACTUAL PROGRAM: Trishna & Krishna: The Quest For Separate Lives (Channel Seven)
Another stylish night of Aussie nights … congratulations to all the winners and all the nominees!
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl