There is very little doubt that the Blu-ray and DVD release of “TRON: Legacy” will be a trendsetting phenomenon.Â Clothes and shoe designers have already started to incorporate “TRON: Legacy” inspired fashion elements into their latest collections, so you should be familiar by now with the iconic dark finishes, holographic treatments and stylish colour blocking. If not, then get up to speed below with our check list of the TRON inspired â€˜must haves\’ this season.
- The strong, feisty “TRON: Legacy” female warrior Quorra has been the inspiration behind many of the fashion trends seen on the catwalks and on the high streets this year.
- To get started you will need to find yourself a black leather motorbike jacket and trousers â€“ the tighter the better… if you dare. Or you can go for the white option if you prefer to go for the Greek myth like, beautiful Siren look.
- If leather is not quite your thing, then you are best off with futuristic cut-out dresses, fitted leather blazers and leggings. If you are stuck for ideas, we suggest McQ by Alexander McQueen Tron Print Jersey Leggings and heart Tron tunic.
- Now on to the other details of your perfect TRON-inspired outfit. Accessories must be in gunmetal hardware, patent or regular leathers in black, preferably with silver lining as used by Hayden-Harnett for example in his “TRON: Legacy” special collection for Disney.
- Balenciaga TRON bag is another undiscovered gem if you are looking for something smart. It is the ultimate in classy bags for today\’s modern woman who blends fashion and technology in her daily routine â€“ just like the fashionista programs in “TRON: Legacy”.
- Right, on to jewellery. In keeping with the rest of your outfit, go for sterling silver and gunmetal plated statement pieces that will match perfectly and can see you through a day in the office as well as make a statement at a fashionable party. (Images from Rotenier and TomTom for Disney collections)
- Ok, so we\’ve done the clothes and accessories, what about footwear? We suggest you go all out and buy yourself nothing other than a pair of 5-inch high-heeled platform sandals just like the ones fearless Quorra fights in. Created by Jerome C. Rousseau, these sandals are a perfect reflection of the distinctive style and the architectural nature of “TRON: Legacy” yet is anchored in feminine lines and luxurious constructions. Ahh…perfect for kicking ass.
Now that you are sorted, what about the man on your arm? We suggest figure-defining silhouettes that accept no compromise. For example, Versace proposes shirts and trousers to define his every muscle. Sam Flynn would have nothing to worry about, but is your man TRON enough to pull this off?
Now for the Giveaway … to celebrate TRON becoming available on DVD, Disney have provided 2 x TRON Legacy prize packs to giveaway (RRP $150 each) which includes: Silicon band, Bike Wheel Light, Key Finder, Coaster, Cap, T-shirt, USB Hub and the TRON: Legacy DVD.
To win one of the two TRON Packs tell me what styling tips you’ll be stealing from TRON this Winter?
To win just drop me a lineÂ here with your answer, your name, postal details and t-shirt size & winners announced after the draw.Â Giveaway closes Friday May 6th, so be quick!
Now that you are all set and ready to go out, check out TRON: Legacy on Blu-ray or DVD before you hit the swanky restaurants and futuristic bars in town, available now.
You never know, you might pick up a last minute tip for your look … Get your Tron on!
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl
** Australian residents only, please email me by answering “What Styling Tips You’ll Be Stealing From Tron” with name and postal details and t-shirt size.Â If you don’t include all details requested your entry will be invalid.