InStyle Magazine’s premier awards night of nights that celebrates Australian Women of Achievement turned out a star studded red carpet last night (May 11th) held at Australian Technology Park, Locomotive St, Eveleigh.
The InStyle and Audi Women of Style Awards honour Australia\’s most inspirational and innovative women, across multiple fields, including fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and the arts.
Kylie Minogue was recognised for her host of business ventures and international success, sharing the winning title in the Business category with Karin Adcock, founder of the local arm of jewellery brand Pandora.
In a televised acceptance speech, Minogue thanked InStyle and the judges for her win in the Business category:
“To be recognised for business achievements is really something& Business and creativity don\’t always seem to meet in the middle so nicely or with a lot of harmony so I\’m really proud that I\’ve been able to be so creative in business and to put the two together.”
Other award winners included fashion designer Lisa Ho (Fashion), actress Miranda Otto (Arts/Culture), broadcaster and author Juanita Phillips (News/Entertainment) and OzHarvest founder Ronni Kahn (Charity/Community).
More than 250 guests attended the awards, with high-profile identities turning out in full force to celebrate the achievements of the 28 Women of Style nominees. Guests included: Collette Dinnigan, Layne Beachley, Sarah-Jane Clarke, Heidi Middleton, Nicola Finetti, Leona Edmiston, Lisa Ho, Camilla Freeman-Topper, Erika Heynatz, Kristy Hinze, Gracie Otto, Kylie Gillies, Samantha Armytage, Sally Obermeder, Natarsha Belling, Terry Biviano, Jodi Gordon, Tessa James, Sophie Falkiner, Jessica Rowe, Jan Logan, Bianca Spender, Gail Elliott, Ruby Rose andÂ Juanita Phillips.
Kerrie McCallum, editor of InStyle, comments:
“The InStyle and Audi Women of Style Awards are the country\’s premier awards evening recognising the efforts of outstanding women who not only display innovation, passion and perseverance in their field of expertise, but have also made valuable and enduring contributions to Australian society.”
The full list of InStyle and Audi Women of Style Award winners are:
- Fashion: Winner: Lisa Ho; Shortlisted: Marnie Skillings and Alexandra and Genevieve Smart
- Lifestyle: Winner: Jacqueline Arias; Shortlisted: Eliza Brown and Jane Kennedy
- Arts/Culture: Winner: Miranda Otto; Shortlisted: Martine Emdur and Professor Larissa Behrendt
- Charity/Community: Winner: Ronni Kahn; Shortlisted: Annie Crawford and Chloe Maxwell
- Beauty: Winner: Miranda Bond; Shortlisted: Poppy King and Kate Morris
- Business: Joint Winners: Kylie Minogue and Karin Adcock; Shortlisted: Naomi Milgrom
- Environment: Winner: Prue Henschke; Shortlisted: Amanda McKenzie and Kristy Hinze
- News/Entertainment: Winner: Juanita Phillips; Shortlisted: Portia de Rossi and Dannii Minogue
- Design: Winner: Sasha Titchkosky; Shortlisted: Pascale Gomes-McNabb and Hannah Tribe
- Readers\’ Choice: Winner: Kristy Hinze
- Style Scholarship: Winner: Gracie Otto
Video snippet from Channel 7 news:
Congratulations to all the nominees and winners, you know I love to celebrate female achievements!
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl