At Vinnie’s, a Good Deal equals a Good Deed
Hipsters and eclectic style junkies everywhere are flocking to thrift stores and pre-loved clothing outlets everywhere to get that new age retro look-for only a few dollars apiece. So it\’s no surprise that one of Australia\’s biggest charities is taking advantage of this growing trend to help those in need.
Basically Vinnie\’s is set to host a style by Vinnie\’s event, where stylist Karmyn Pembridge will go through the upcoming Autumn/Winter trends. The major event will be held at the cultural hub of all things deliberately quirky-the Newtown store. There will be a Vinnie\’s fashion show, goody bags, light refreshments and plenty of time to troll through the racks and attempt to create your own hipster look in time for the next festival season.
Julie McDonald, Vinnie\’s Community & Corporate Relations Manager NSW, said, “What\’s more, at Vinnie\’s, a good deal equals a good deed, because by shopping or donating you are directly helping people in the local community that need a helping hand. Moreover, you\’re directly helping the planet by recycling!”
The idea is to show people how you can look a million dollars for just a few. It\’s a win-win situation guys, because remember, not only are retro clothes pretty much so old, they stay new, its not just the clothes that get a new life. Its feel good shopping!
The hottest upcoming trends are featured, including Camel, Aviator, Tailored and Precious Stones. Karmyn shared a glimpse of what to expect from each trend:
- “Camel is the new nude this season. It\’s the easiest trend to wear no matter what your age or shape.
- “Aviator will combat the winter blues. Think pre â€˜50s style leather flying jackets trimmed with shearling fur.
- “Tailored draws on timeless structured style. Make a statement by adding all the trimmings; gloves, cufflinks, patterned socks, brogues, umbrella and briefcase.
- “Precious Stones will offset the dull weather. Channel rich jewel tones and dazzling metallics.”
To look good and do good simply…
- Register at visit Vinnie’s website before 30th September 2011 and find a Styled by Vinnies near you
- Get top style tips to suit your shape
- Sort Smart to help Vinnie\’s and mother earth
- Be in with a chance of winning a personal style session with Vinnie\’s stylist Karmyn plus $500 Vinnie\’s shopping voucher.
So roll your jeans up, find those lens-less thick-rimmed glasses and do up button up all the buttons on your flannel to give to charity and join the hipster revolution.
Check out the new Autumn/Winter trend book at the brand new website www.visitvinnies.org.au, where you can register for Vinnie\’s updates and win a $500 Vinnie\’s voucher and styling session with Karmyn before September 30th.
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl