The 21st annual Girlfriend Rimmel Model Search which has launched the careers of superstar models such as Abbey Lee Kershaw, Catherine McNeil, Samantha Harris, Pania Rose, Alyssa Sutherland and Sarah Stephens to name a few, was held last Saturday at Westfield Parramatta hosted by the effervescent Maude Garrett.
A record breaking 644 teenagers gathered for their chance at a modelling contract and the opportunity to appear in a Rimmel London Australia campaign.
“New South Wales showcased incredible talent in the 2011 Girlfriend Rimmel Model Search. All entrants showcased great levels of confidence and it was exciting to find twelve finalists with such a diverse range of looks,” said Samera Kamaleddine, Deputy Editor, Girlfriend.
The 12 state finalists for New South Wales were:
- Ashleigh Frinsdorf, Hornsby
- Rebecca Dupain, Rushcutters Bay
- Yasmeena Osman,
- Brooke Lazarus, Thornleigh
- Tahlia Getheridge-Giumelli, Caringbah
- Tasha Ross, Rouse Hill
- Holly Thomas, Roseville
- Christy Young, Cooranbong
- Zara Dobbie-Smitham, Eastwood
- Chloe Glassie, Kellyville Ridge
- Lucy Burls, Bolwarra
- Isabella Vick, Lindfield
The overall winner of The Girlfriend Rimmel Model Search for 2011 will receive:
- A two year contract with CHIC Model Management and an opportunity to meet with Next Model Management in New York.
- A 12-month contract with Rimmel London Australia and an opportunity to appear in a Rimmel London Australia campaign.
- An all-expenses paid trip to Sydney to for the finalists fashion shoot.
- An appearance in two fashion shoots for Girlfriend magazine.
- A one-year supply of Rimmel London products.
From these finalists and those from other states, six national finalists will be selected in August and the overall national finalist will be announced at an event in Sydney in November.
Good luck girls.
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl