Inside Natalie shows how to colour block this Spring/Summer, Jodi Gordon masters screen-siren glamour in Spring\’s luxe looks and Man of Style Orlando Bloom talks about how he loves being a Dad; “Even changing a diaper is such a special moment!” and how much he loved playing a bad guy in the upcoming film he stars in The Three Musketeers.
Natalie shares the importance of positive thinking:Â “I\’ve been told many times, I can only be a singer, or an actor, or a dancer â€”that I can only be one or the other, but I\’ve wanted to prove that you can do whatever you want, if you follow your heart, and don\’t settle for â€˜no\’.”
We will next see Jodi in the film In The Cup (out October 13)â€”the story of jockey Damien Oliver\’s emotional 2002 Melbourne Cup victoryâ€”Gordon plays Trish, the supportive wife of Oliver (played by Stephen Curry). “It\’s great to be telling an Australian story, and playing a real person.”
Gordon also shares how she experimented with colour for the The Cup, too, dyeing her brunette locks peroxide blonde. The process took nine hour to completeâ€”her tresses bleached four times, over two days, to achieve Trish\’s flaxen look.
“It isn\’t easy being a fake blonde,” she laughs. “Next time I\’ll wear a wig.”
Also in this months’ issue, the announcement of the InStyle Fragrance Awards 2011.Â With more than 200 new-releaseÂ fragrances,Â InStyleÂ whittled it to just 50 finalists across 10 categories.Â InStyle\’sÂ expert judging panel* carefully selected the overall standouts from each group.
“Choosing a new scent is a wholly personal experienceâ€”but a little guidance can save a lot of time when faced with the near-to-buckling fragrance shelves in department stores,” saidÂ InStyleÂ editorÂ Kerrie McCallum.
The winners include:
- BEST CELEBRITY:Â Reb\’l Fleur by Rihanna
- BEST NEW CLASSIC:Â Chanel No. 19 Poudre
- BEST DESIGN:Â Halston Woman Amber
- BEST DAYTIME:Â Miss Dior Cherie Blooming Bouquet
- BEST DESIGNER: Prada Infusion De Rose
- BEST HOLIDAY: Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
- BEST EVENING: Very Irresistible Givenchy L\’Intense
- BEST INNOVATIVE: Jo Malone Limited Edition Tea Fragrance blends
- LIMITED EDITION:Â Marc Jacobs Splash Cocktail Collection
- BEST MEN\’S: Guerlain Arsene Lupin Dandy
* The judging panel included: Victoria Meppem,Â InStyleÂ Beauty Director; Kerrie McCallum, editor,Â InStyle; Jan Logan, Founder and Creative Director, Jan Logan; John Lambeth, Fragrance Designer; Natarsha Belling, News Presenter, Network Ten; Sharyn Storrier Lyneham, Owner EDIT boutique.
The October issue ofÂ InStyleÂ magazine is on newsstands today, visit their website for more.
Photography: Kane Skennar (Natalie) and Harold David (Jodi) for InStyle
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl