The countdown is on for the opening of the first Topshop Flagship Store (1600 square metres) in Australia in Melbourne at 10am on December 8th at the Jam Factory on Chapel Street in South Yarra and we thought we’d give you a sneak peek at some of what you can expect to see in-store and start putting together your wishlist!
The product will fall into four trend stories; Glam Rockette, Deco Grunge, Bavaria, and Midnight Angel:
- Glam Rockette â€“ Star spangled tribute to Ziggy Stardust. It\’s all about sparkle and more sparkle. Magenta\’s, ruby, emerald and cobalt colour tones are contrasted with molten metallic and heavy black to emulate the attitude-fuelled rock and roll demeanor.
- Deco Grunge â€“ Inspired by 20\’S and 30â€˜S, deco motifs, refined patterning, on luxe fabrics such as washed satins, devoures and velvet. These elements are mixed with a sporty, grungier twist and seen in sweats, lame running shorts, flapper style dresses in aged pastels and muted brights.
- Bavaria â€“ Rich folkloric inspiration is drawn to create distinctly luxurious outerwear, knits, smock dresses and blouses that are indulgent. Handcrafted touches and texture, detailed embroidery is key.
- Midnight Angel â€“ Soft and hard collide. Diaphanous silks and chiffons are mixed with leather and patent, while ethereal ruffles, delicate applique and cutwork are given a touch of tough with zips, chains and harnesses.
Topshop’s Smoke & Mirrors Make up will also be in-store; channel the 70\’s glamour with their 11 piece collection.
To kick-start the festivities, the first 20 shoppers in line will each receive a $100 TOPSHOP gift card. Â Plus, every hour on the hour we’ll be giving one lucky shopper a $100 gift card over opening weekend! Eager shoppers will also have an opportunity to capture their favourite style moments in a special in-store photo booth, and will be treated to complimentary TOPSHOP make-overs and much, much more.The celebration will also be in full swing at TOPMAN. In-store, live DJs will provide entertainment over opening weekend. Throughout the city, TOPSHOP TOPMAN street teams will surprise Melbournians with a TOPSHOP TOPMAN ZINE and TOPSHOP tote bag filled with goodies look out for our branded vehicle.
You can now follow the brands on twitter and facebook:
- Twitter: twitter.com/Topshop_AU and twitter.com/TopmanAU
- Facebook: facebook.com/TopshopAustraliaÂ and facebook.com/TopmanAustralia
Will you be there on opening day?
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl