Nutritionist to the stars, Kimberly Snyder, has just released her highly anticipated holistic health book The Beauty Detox Solution: Eat Your Way to Radiant Skin, Renewed Energy and the Body You\’ve Always Wanted, into Australia and I’m excited. If the bright green cover doesn’t grab your attention the abundance of health material inside should (although I wish there were pictures).
The Beauty Detox offers a revolutionary approach to health and beauty built on a timeless truth: that beauty comes from within. Snyder, a clinical nutritionist and beauty expert to a stable of A-list celebrities, means that quite literally. What we eat affects not only our weight and our overall health, she says, but also our hair, skin, nailsâ€”all the features that make us beautiful. To unlock that beauty, one needs to cleanse from within:
“I believe the word â€˜health\’ is synonymous with the word â€˜beauty,\’” Snyder writes. “A healthy body is a beautiful body. Healthy skin, which is a reflection of our internal health, is beautiful skin. My definition of beauty is that it should be deep, lasting and magnetic, and grow from inside out. The key to this kind of vibrant beauty is ongoing cleansing& Now you, too, can sparkle with true beauty.”
“The information in this book is different from that in any other diet or detox book you may read,” Snyder promises. “It is a hybrid of knowledge I\’ve acquired from many different teachers, health institutions and training sessions, as well as from my around-the-world journey&. Reading this book will open up a whole new way for you to understand the powerful connection between food, health and beauty. The Beauty Detox Solution will take you to your most beautiful, energetic, healthy self. When I started my personal Beauty Detox, it changed my lifeâ€”and I know this book can do the same for you.”
Snyder has an Aussie connection I’ll also have you know, after graduating magna cum laude from Georgetown University, Kimberly moved to Sydney, where she began her first job, and met an Australian holistic nutritionist who ran a nutritional detox centre:
“She jolted something awake in me and inspired my voracious passion for both natural health and skincare,” explains Kimberly.Â Â
From here, Snyder embarked on a three-year solo journey spanning over 50 countries and six continents wherein she studied the health and beauty practices of numerous cultures around the world. Snyder is a clinical nutritionist, and is the go-to nutritionist for many of the entertainment industry\’s top celebrities and has worked with clients on some of Hollywood\’s biggest film sets and Drew Barrymore is a fan:
“I don\’t like to diet, I like to eat right and that\’s what Kim\’s philosophy is all about. Her food program has had such an impact not only on my body, but my health in general. She\’s brilliant.”â€”Drew Barrymore, Actress & Producer
And just for us, I thought I’d share these tips from Snyder’s book to help navigate the plethora of food & drink during the silly season with some healthier options:
Choose Your Poison:
ALCOHOL:Â While all alcohol should be limited, it is not realistic that all of us will never have a drop of alcohol for the rest of our lives! So the trick is to choose wisely:
- WINE IS OK&IN MODERATIONÂ – Choose organic or biodynamic wines with no added sulfites. Though it is fermented and does contain sugar, wine is not as hard on the liver as hard alcohol.
- BEER IS A NO GO! The worst and most toxic drinks are the brewed alcoholic ones, like beer, tequila and rum, which cause sugar imbalances in the body and bloating. If you have to have an occasional beer, choose a darker variety, which has more minerals, over refined, lighter-coloured varieties.
- CLASSY COCKTAIL If you really want a cocktail, stick to vodka. It\’s the lesser of all evils.
- CUT OUT THE SODA! Soda (and that includes diet varieties) is the most acid-forming of all foods, and simply loads you up with lots of calories and absolutely no nutrition. Soda consumed regularly will demineralize our teeth and rob us of our beauty by eating up the precious minerals that create it. Stay away!
- JUICE: FRESH IS BESTâ€“ Because most of the good stuff is in the juice of plants, juice allows us to take in even more of these nutrients. V8 and all the other pre-packaged, pre-bottled drinks simply don\’t count. The nature of the bottling process means the vegetables and fruits have been heated to such high temperatures that the enzymes and much of the nutrition have been killed and denatured. It is literally the difference between life and death: choosing living green drinks made from living foods or heated, dead, enzyme deficient drinks.
Snyder’s book is available now online at Harlequin books (www.harlequinbooks.com.au) and in stores nationally from December 28 RRP$24.99.
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl