Brad Pitt and Charlize Theron grace the cover of two separate W Magazine covers for the February 2012 issue as photographed by Mario Sorrenti with Brad going black tie casual and Charlize mesmerisingly glamboyant for hers! The double cover stars are featured in the “Best Performance” issue which was celebrated in style at last night’s W Magazine party; with Charlize being recognised for her role in Young Adult and Brad for his Moneyball role for which they both have Golden Globe nominations.
Here’s what they had to share inside:
- Brad on crying at films: “I\’m not much of a crier at films, but there was one&I was coming back from Cabo on my way to Montreal, and I got hit with Montezuma\’s revenge. I could not keep anything down. I was stuck in a hotel room with no windows and was just doing what you do when you\’re sick. On day two of this extremely painful episode, I watched a  film called Life as a House. Kevin Kline is an architect and learns he has terminal cancer. He\’s estranged from his teenage son and decides they\’re going to finish this house. I don\’t know if it would still hit me the same way, but on my 27th hour of pure wretchedness, this movie just crushed me. I should watch it again to see if it has the same effect.”
- Charlize on Mavis wearing bra inserts: “I wear those! If you don\’t have boobs, you wear those cutlets. It\’s just the most bizarre, unsexy thing there is – so I added that to Mavis.”
- Charlize On if she dreamed of being an actress: “I wanted to be a ballerina, but I was too tall, and I had too many injuries. What I loved as a ballerina was telling stories, and I could also do that with acting, so I eventually moved to L.A.”
- Brad on whether it’s difficult to watch himself die in a movie: “God, no. I\’m just checking the boxes. Hit that. Missed that. Hit that moment. Missed that one. God, I\’d like to do that one again.”
- Brad on the first role he auditioned for: “My agent sent me out for two films. One of them was The Accused with Jodie Foster. I was so excited.”
And you might like to read The Cut’s story about Charlize’s “Bra Insert” stuff up story and you can read more of their interviews at W Magazine’s website.
And in case you missed it, check out Charlize, Miranda Kerr and more at the W Magazine party.
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl