I am so hoping we will get the new ABC series from the US, Pan Am, featuring Christina Ricci, Margot Robbie (an Aussie), Kelli Garner and Karine Vanasse who play sophisticated hostesses/stewardesses back in the â€˜60s working for Pan Am.Â Patricia Regan is the head make up artist for PAN AM and did extensive research to nail the looks to make sure they were in keeping with their time, with her sharing:
“My inspiration comes from extensive photographs of 1963â€”fashion, documentary, and people, as well as Pan Am history,” says Regan. “I try to combine the style of the past and with the tools of the present to give a fresh new look!”
If you too love the looks, here’s the step-by-step breakdown on how she achieved Christina Ricci’s look:
- Apply a matte finish foundation such as Make Up For Ever HD foundation, La Mer Treatment powder foundation, Armani Skin Fabric, MAC Careblend powder foundation.
- Brush and groom eyebrows to define natural fuller shape, fill in and extend a touch with a matching brow shade such as Three Custom Color brow shades, Revlon Colorstay eyebrow pencils or Chantecaille brow definer.
- Apply eye shadow in pale blue, soft green, lavender/violet on eyelid (such as Three Custom Color pale sky blue, pale lavender, pale green).
- Draw a line along upper lashes with either black or brown eyeliner (MAC gel liner in blacktrack or dipdown are my favorite& liner will stay on without ever smudging!).
- Apply mascara (Dior Iconic or L\’Oreal Voluminous). For extra drama, try a couple of Ardell short flares on outer corners!
- Blush on the apple of cheeks. Three Custom Color Creme To Powder in rose, pink or red are favorites. For touch ups, MAC Fleur Power or Peaches.
- Finish with EOS â€˜Egg Shaped\’ lip balm.
The Pan Am Girls are:
Maggie (Christina Ricci): has struggled all her life to better her standing in the world. Ambition runs through her veins and now that she\’s reached Pan Am, she has no intention of looking back.
Laura (Margot Robbie): that pretty girl from high school; sweet, intelligent, well meaning. But oblivious to her own charms; she often unwittingly leaves a trail of heartbreak behind her. As the newest member of our Pan Am crew, Laura\’s enthusiasm and curiosity abound.
Kate (Kelli Garner): Competitive by nature, Kate has lived in the shadow of her younger sister, Laura, all of her life. Kate rebelled against the life that chosen for her, that of a wife, a mother and instead spread her own wings to fly.
Colette (Karine Vanasse): is the best friend you could ever have: empathetic; non-judgmental; tough when she has to be. Having lost her parents in World War II, she\’s haunted by a sense of loss, a hole that cannot be filled. Her search for fulfillment sometimes results in bad decisions, notably those of a romantic nature.
Production has been halted at 14 episodes but it’s getting great reviews out of the US so I hope it continues! You can check out the Pan Am website for lots more photos and information.
Are you hoping Pan Am will hit our screens too?
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl