Tomorrow January 26th is not only my favourite person in the whole world, Ellen DeGeneres‘ birthday it’s Australia Day and Cadbury have released this yummy green & gold Australia Day inspired cupcakes that I thought I’d share to prepare for your Australia Day celebrations tomorrow … cupcakes are the perfect sweet treat for any type of celebration!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
Serves: Makes 12
what you need
- 125g CADBURY White Chocolate Melts
- 250g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, chopped and softened
- 125g butter, softened
- Â¾ cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups SR flour, sifted
- Â¾-1 cup milk
- Green and yellow food colour
- Green and gold sprinkles, for decoration, if desired
- COMBINE the chocolate and half the PHILLY and stir over simmering water until chocolate has melted. Chill until firm enough to spread.
- CREAM together the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well. Fold in the flour alternately with the milk until the mixture is smooth.
- DIVIDE the mixture equally between 2 bowls. Colour one mixture green and one yellow. Place a spoonful of each coloured cake mix into 12 x 1/3 cup capacity patty paper lined muffin pans. Swirl the mixture lightly with a knife to marble.
- BAKE in a moderate oven 180oC for 15-20 minutes or until cooked when tested. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before turning out of the pan to cool completely. Spread the cakes with the White Chocolate Frosting and decorate if desired.
Easy peasy … have a fabulous day tomorrow no matter what you do.
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl