Burberry Beauty\’s new Summer 2012 Collection has just hit counters. Inspired by the British summer and taking colour cues from Burberry Prorsum’s Spring/Summer runway 2012 collection, the luxurious range focuses on warm, colourful lips and natural eyes, with dewy, glowing skin the focal point.
The collection of lip colours begins with the Soft Satin Lipstick in Tulip Pink, Devon Sunset and Golden Peach. The light pigments of the lipsticks makes for perfect shades for the Australian summer. Devon Sunset is a nude based coral lipstickÂ and plays as the base colour to bright coral Golden Peach. Tulip Pink is a light, natural pink, perfect for day to day wear.
There are two lip glosses included in the collection – Nude Rose and Hibiscus. Nude Rose is a shiny, sheer gloss, which is one of the most versatile products you can own. Perfect for work, weekend, daytime or nighttime, a sheer gloss on its own or layered over lipcolour, gives a glamourous look. The Hibiscus gloss is a deep berry colour, and similar to the lipsticks, somehow maintains a sheer, natural colour.
For eyes, the Sheer Eye Shadow in Pale Barley can be swept all over as a base colour, or used on the inner corners to brighten eyes and outer corners for subtle definition. Like the rest of this collection, the Sheer Eye Shadow comes in a striking metallic gunmetal case, with the ever-present Burberry tartan lightly embossed.
The entire collection creates a very fresh, modern look, which is complemented by natural skin with a light cover.
Burberry Beauty Artistic Consultant, Wendy Rowe gives us her tips on how to create a warm, fresh look for Summer:
- Apply Effortless Mascara in Midnight Blonde to the upper and lower lashes using a zigzag motion. Brush through lashes with a mascara wand for a natural look.
- Apply Sheer Eyeshadow in Pale Barley to the eyelid as a base and apply to inner corners to brighten the eye and give subtle definition.
- Apply Sheer Eyeshadow in Tea Rose to define the contours of the eye.
- Intensify the eyes with a touch of Sheer Eyeshadow in Rosewood to the outer corners of the eye.
- Use Sheer Concealer to highlight the face and conceal dark circles under eyes.
- Mix Fresh Glow with Sheer Foundation to create a luminous base. Apply from centre of the face and blend outwards.
- Complete the look with a light dust of Sheer Powder to set the foundation and absorb excess shine.
- Add a touch of Light Glow in Tangerine to the apples of the cheeks to bring freshness to the complexion.
- Apply Lip Cover in Devon Sunset to the lips, followed by the brighter shade Golden Peach in the centre of the lips to intensify the colour.
OUR ROAD TEST:
We tried it ourselves and loved every product. The lip colours are beautiful â€“ sheer, yet still punchy enough to be the focal point of the face. Our favourite was Golden Peach (what I’m wearing above). Its mid-coral shade with just a hint of richness is suited to most complexions and skin colours. The Sheer Eyeshadow in Pale Barley is a versatile brown/beige with a subtle gold shimmer and blends really easily. And of course, it wouldn’t be Burberry Beauty collection with each product feeling and looking luxurious and alluring. Very Cool British, I say!
Check out Cara Delevingne’s behind the scenes photoshoot:
In case you missed it, check out our Road Test for the Burberry Beauty Debut Collection that hit Australian Counters in 2010.
The Spring Summer 2012 Collection by Burberry is available now exclusively at David Jones Bondi Junction, Bourke Street Mall and Chadstone, for your nearest stockist call (02) 9695 5678.