Napoleon Perdis flew back into Sydney town for a brief visit to take up his position as Makeup Director once again for the David Jones Autumn/Winter 2012 Fashion Show held last night (February 15th).Â Creating three exclusive make up looks for the show, we’ve got the breakdown for you so you can recreate them yourself.Â Napoleon shared his excitement returning to Sydney and working with David Jones again:
“I’m so happy to be back in Sydney for the David Jones Autumn Winter 2012 Fashion Launch. This is my second season directing the makeup looks for the show and I really enjoy the collaboration with the great team that David Jones is known for pulling together. I’m particularly proud of this makeup direction; not only will it make for a great runway statement but a very wearable realityfor everyday.”
LOOK 1, LAURA MARS:
The first of Perdis\’ creations is a nod to feminine strength and glamour; a glossy burgundy lip teamed with a soft yet fresh eye â€“ one for the ultimate modern woman! This look has been inspired by the fashion murder mystery “The Eyes of Laura Mars”: a cult hit in the late 1970s. The fabulous Faye Dunaway played a beautiful fashion photographer who could see through the eyes of a serial killer as he commits his crimes.
Napoleon and his team interpreted Laura Mars with a modern take. Skin has been kept clean with a slightly dewy finish with a focuse on a soft, natural but still sculpted cheek, (a nod to Dunaway’s amazing natural bone structure) using Napoleon’s Couture Contouring method. The Ultimate Contour Palette is worked just under the cheekbone to enhance each girl’s natural facial strengths and through the socket of the eye before dusting a pretty pink Loose Eye Dust over the lid. It’s essentially a soft focus to keep the eye open and fresh. The strength of the look comes from the strong burgundy lip: high colour, high gloss, high impact balanced by a classic-glam burgundy nail. The ultimate impact is sleek, glamorous and captivating.
How to get the look:
- For a look lit from within prep with Napoleon Complex Skin Renewal Serum.
- For a look that will last follow with Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer.
- Mascara First! Map out your eye area using Long Black Mascara Double Black.
- Boost your skintelligence with Sheer Genius Foundation and set to perfection with Camera Finish Powder Foundation.
- Sculpt the face with a “Couture Contour” and sweep The Ultimate Contour Palette contour color under the cheekbones, through the socket and inner bridge of the eye.
- Comb brows and hold in place with Peep Show Mascara Madame Crystal.
- Wash Loose Eye Dust Pink Champagne over the entire eye lid.
- Apply Front Row Red Lipgloss with a luscious coating of Luminous Lip Veil Berry Contrary over the top.
- Line lips last with Lip Pencil Plum Role.
LOOK 2, METALIKA:
Look two is a wearable, on-trend adaptation of the metallic beauty trend seen on the runways and the perfect launch pad for the Napoleon Perdis METALIKA colour collection.
“Confession: This makeup look is my favourite of the three. It’s based around my current colour collection, Metalika, which is a play of both heavy and soft metal hues.This girl is just a gorgeous glamazon; strong yet soft, glamorous but not intimidating, slightly intense but not overwhelming. It’s really all about the eyes – and some stunning but still soft metallic accents which is totally on trend right now. Skin is radiant, as though the girl has been lit from within. Eyes areÂ accentuated with black liquid liner and a smoky, espresso shadow and then played up a little by mixing metallic shades of Loose Dust and cream eyeshadow to highlight the inner corners of the eye. A dense false lash helps to anchor all that detail. A shimmery nude nail and a totally natural, barely-there glossy lip completes the story. It’s a look that’s definitely rock inspired but we’ve really worked on that element of softness so it’s still super pretty.”
How to get the look:
- For a healthy glow, use Napoleon Skin Renewal Serum
- For a perfect foundation landing use Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer
- Create a frame for the face with Mesmer-Eyes Mascara
- For a dewy, sheer finish apply Advanced Mineral Makeup and set with Camera Finish Powder Foundation
- Work a slight contour through the cheekbones with The Ultimate Contour Palette
- Define and tame your brows with a clear mascara like Peep Show Madame Crystal
- Smudge China Doll Eyeliner Equinox along the upper and lower lash line. Continue to smudge over the lid and through the socket
- Sweep Color Disc Espresso To Go along the lower lash line and through the socket for a seductively smoky finish.
- Mix Loose Eye Dust Copper Element with CrÃ¨me De La CrÃ¨me Quicksilver and sweep along the inner corner of the top lash line and around the inner corner of the eye.
- “Fluttery Will Get You Everywhere”! Accessorize with Lashes Hoya
- Keep lips natural with Auto Pilot Lip Service.
LOOK 3, ANTIPODEAN WINTER
The final look is winter perfection! A barely-there base with a focus on a very matte, orange lip. Perfect for those who gravitate towards a nude or neutral palette but want to add a bit of a punch to their look. “Fresh-faced, perfectly prepped skin punctuated by a bold but beautiful lip. If a makeup look can reflect a culture then this is Australia to me. It speaks to that freshness and vitality for which Australian women are so admired. This look works for all occasions really: it’s pretty for day, perfectly appropriate for the office while adding the edge of the orange lip, and gorgeous for evening. It’s all about skin prep and a sheer veil of a semimatte base. Brows and lashes are understated yet groomed enough to balance the lip that is the pop of colour and focus. I also love the clash of the minty green nail colour here – so modern. This look has an enviable ease to it; it’s minimal effort, maximum impact.”
How to get the look:
- Start by nourishing the skin from outside in with Napoleon Complex Skin Renewal Serum
- Prep skin to perfection with Auto Pilot Pre Foundation Primer
- Map your eye look with a coat of mascara. We used Peep Show Mascara Madame Curl Curl
- For a flawless finish, spritz on a veil of Boudoir Mist Spray Foundation
- Add a pretty pink flush to the cheeksâ€“ Barely Blushing Barely Buff
- Comb brows and hold in place with Peep Show Mascara Madame Crystal
- Wash Color Disc Skinny Dip over the entire eye lid
- Line lips in Lip Pencil Rococo Red for a crisp finish
- Coat lips in DeVine Goddess Lipstick Niki
- Press Color Disc in Tequila Sunrise into the lips for an on-trend matte finish.
So there you have it, three on-trend looks that you can recreate yourself. I’ve also included some behind the scenes images for you.
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl