This Limited Edition Mad Men two piece Make UpÂ Collection with EstÃ©e Lauder is sure to be an instant sell-out featuring two key products focusing on the heart of the 60s inspired Mad MenÂ® Look: Lipstick and Creme Rouge in elegant, vintage designs from the legendary EstÃ©e Lauder \’60s collections as revealed today by Style.
Featuring Constance Jablonski as photographed by Craig McDean we see Jablonski sporting a 60s inspired hair style of a side-parted faux bob matched with matte velvet skin, a warm flush, and a bold crimson lip courtesy of EstÃ©e Lauder creative director of makeup Tom Pecheux:
“The sixties basically had everything in the way of femininity,” Pecheux says of the decade in which Mad Men takes place, which prompted him to fill in Jablonski\’s brows, dust her lids with a cream-colored eye shadow from Lauder\’s Blue Dahlia palette, line her upper lash lines, and apply the new CrÃ¨me Rouge a bit lower, underneath the apples of her cheeks.
“It\’s the perfect balance between a forties contour and a healthy glow,” he explains of the placement. As for the bold, cherry red mouth, Pecheux has one proviso before breaking out the demure, miniature tube: “Moisturize your lips at night,” he advises, to ensure a smooth, perfect pout every time.
Both products will launch next month in time for the debut of the show\’s fifth season, and another limited-edition collection for season six is already in the works:
“The product and the packaging were inspired by a concept that we call â€˜handbag elegance\’â€”beautiful things you take out of your purse,” says Hertzmark Hudis.
Get the Look:
- Creme Rouge in Evening Rose – With 1-2 fingertips, smooth under cheekbones
- Pure Color Blush in Lover Blush – Over Creme Rouge, sweep powder blush from the middle of ear towards tip of nose.
- Pure Color Blush in Wild Sunset – Apply on the apples of cheeks.
- Pure Color EyeShadow in Ivory Slipper – Sweep from lid to brow.
- Pure Color EyeShadow in Sepia Sand – Finish with a light layer over lid only.
- Double Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black – Stroke along the upper lashes. Flip the line up sharply just past the end of the eye to create a perky little “wing.”
- Automatic Brow Pencil Duo – Create the perfect arch with the pencil. Then blend with the brush.
- Sumptuous Extreme Mascara in Black – Sweep on the upper lashes.
- Double Wear Zero-Smudge Mascara in Brown – Brush on the lower lashes for a smouldering, eye-opening effect.
- Double Wear Lip Pencil in Red – Line lips evenly
- Lipstick in Cherry – Use with our Lip Brush 35 to fill in lips.
- Blot with tissue â€” and mark your man.
Sadly this collection won’t be arriving on our shores but just because it’s not doesn’t mean we can’t channel our inner Betty Draper, available locally is the much coveted EstÃ©e Lauder Golden Alligator compact, a perfectly elegant powder compact for that quick and stylish touch up (RRP$85), you can purchase it right now from their website.
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl