Get the London Look from Moschino’s Cheap & Chic 60s Inspired Hair Mash Up from London Fashion Week 2012
Global Stylist Ambassador for Pantene Pro-V Sam McKnight was backstage at Moschino’s Cheap & Chic A/W â€˜12 fashion show in London and we’ve got the breakdown on how to recreate the hair looks that paraded down the catwalk.Â Going for a 60s mash up, the Moschino Cheap & Chic look was all about fun. Keeping in line with Moschino\’s decision to show this season in London, the collection had an eclectic feel with more than a hint of the â€˜60s:
“I wanted to create a hair look that was a lot of fun and had a London vibe” said Sam McKnight. “The hair has a voluminous quality to it and is like a young modern girl\’s take on a â€˜60s look, the key to this look is to build up the volume and then keep it in place with a lot of hairspray.”
Get the look:
- The perfect base for this look is freshly washed and conditioned hair
- For hair stressed by over styling (such as at Fashion Week), supplement your hair care regimen with a treatment mask
- Apply Mousse to damp hair and blow dry the hair back away from the face with a flat bristle brush.
- Backcomb the hair at the sides, back and top of the head with a fine toothed comb for maximum volume and big impact. Spray with Hairspray as you go to keep the volume and height in place. (leave a section of the hair free at the front of the head to frame the face)
- Lightly brush back the top front section of hair over to the back of the head to create a smooth layer over the backcombed section.
- Tie the smoothed hair at the nape of the neck into a ponytail and roll the pony tail up into a dishevelled bun, and fix in to place with hair pins. Spray with Hairspray to hold style in place and pick out wisps of hair for a carefree look.
- For the Moschino Cheap & Chic look finish with a pastel bow detail headband placed in the middle of the head, in front of the volumised and lifted back section.
Products used to create the look above:
- Pantene Pro-V Aqua Light Shampoo and Conditioner $7.99
- Pantene Pro V Aqua Light Lightweight Nourishing Treatment $9.99
- Pantene Pro-V 3 Minute Miracle $7.99
- Pantene Pro-V Body Builder Mousse $6.99
- Pantene Pro-V Body Builder Hairspray $6.99
We love the pink sparkly lips!
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl
Sites That Link to this Post
- Peinados inspirados en la década de los 60 | 24 July , 2013