As I always do, when Lindt release new chocolate goodies I post a recipe to honor an aspect of that launch, this time we are getting all yummy delicious over the Lindt Excellence range, the premium quality dark chocolate and yummy flavour combinations. The four newest flavours to the Lindt Excellence range include: A Touch of Sea Salt, Passion Fruit Intense, Strawberry Intense and Coconut Intense (favourite)!
Enjoy the recipe from Lindt for their Strawberry Chocolate Crème Slice
Created by Thomas Schnetzler, Lindt Maitre Chocolatier
Makes 4 portions. Preparation time 30 minutes plus cooling time
A true classic found in pastry shops all over the world. This time it has a twist with the inclusion of fresh strawberries and rich chocolate crème made with the stunning Excellence Strawberry Intense. You could also use other fruits that may be in season. You really get a thousand layers and a true flavour burst with this dessert.
- 250ml Milk
- 35g Butter, unsalted
- 40g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 15g Corn flour
- 1 tsp Cocoa powder
- Pinch Sea salt
- 50g Egg yolk (from around 2-3 eggs)
- 80g Lindt Excellence Strawberry Intense, broken into pieces
- 75g Crème Fraîche, whipped
- 2 sheets All butter puff pastry, each cut into 8 rectangles
- 2 tbsp Pure icing sugar
- 8-10 Strawberries, washed and quartered
Optional : 1tbsp Pistachio slivers
- For the crème, combine the milk, butter, half the sugar and vanilla in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- In the meantime, whisk remaining sugar, corn flour, cocoa powder and egg yolks.
- Once milk is boiling, pour a small amount into the egg mixture.
- Stir well and then add egg mixture to the milk and cook until thickened.
- Take off the heat and mix in the chocolate, gently stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Transfer into a bowl and set aside covered in clingfilm until fully cooled.
- To finish the crème, work the mixture with a whisk to soften and smoothen.
- Fold the whipped crème fraîche into the cooled crème base.
- Fill into a piping bag. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the puff pastry, preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Place pastry pieces on a baking paper, lined tray and cover with another piece of baking paper and weigh it down with a second tray (or other) to stop the pastry from puffing up too much. Bake until light and golden, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove the top tray weight and paper and dust each piece with icing sugar.
- Return to the oven until the pastry is caramelized. For an extra dimension sprinkle some additional icing sugar and caramelize further under the grill.
- Cool completely.
To assemble: Place a piece of the pastry onto a serving plate and pipe on crème. Add a few pieces of strawberry and pistachio. Cover with pastry and repeat for the next layer and top with third pastry.
Maitre’s Tip: Crème Fraîche brings a lovely tartness to the filling but could be substituted with double cream.
The four new Lindt Excellence flavours are available now in your local supermarket, you can visit Lindt’s website for more delectable chocolate recipe ideas: www.lindt.com.au and let me know if you create the Strawberry Chocolate Creme Slice!
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl