Dr LeWinn’s recently launched their first cosmetic range ‘Skin Perfect’, a complete make up range designed to give you flawless skin while combating the most common signs of aging. The range is targeted to women aged 35-55, combining the best in anti-aging skin care and long-lasting coverage that together helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles – yay for that!
- Skin Perfect Anti-Ageing Primer (RRP$29.95): The product blends easily into the skin adding extra staying power to your makeup. After applying, my skin was smooth and super soft, which made applying foundation afterwards a breeze.
- Skin Perfect Anti-ageing Foundation SPF 15 (RRP$39.95): The foundation, applies easily to the skin, providing a full coverage without being too heavy. The SPF 15 protects your skin from sun damage, while the added ingredients such as the Rose Stem Cells, hydrate and repair the skin. I loved the subtle, flowery scent of the product too – it was a nice touch without being too overpowering. It blends perfectly over the primer, as the two products work together to give a long-lasting finish that leaves your skin soft for hours. Available in 6 shades: Ivory, Cream, Beige, Latte, Tan and Sable.
- Skin Perfect Anti-ageing Concealer (RRP$19.95): For those mornings when no amount of sleep will banish those bags, this concealer is perfect. A thick, creamy formula which covers even the most harrowing of dark circles seamlessly. For areas that don’t need as much attention, the formula can also be thinned out to provide a lighter coverage. Available in 2 shades: Pink Beige and Honey Beige.
- Skin Perfect Anti-ageing Illuminiser (RRP$24.95): My plight to find the perfect illuminiser may just be over. Creamy and lightweight, with a rosy sheen the product blends effortlessly into the skin. It added a nice radiant glow without being glittery or oily like so many other products do.
- Skin Perfect Anti-ageing Pressed Power (RRP$39.95): The product was light, easy to apply and settled nicely over the other products. It gives a soft, velvety finish that will last all day long without being too heavy or powdery although I’m not big on putting powder on my face, this is lightweight and effective. Available in 2 shades: Pink Beige and Honey Beige
Celebrity makeup artist and brand ambassador Dean Nixon was on hand at our launch and shared his tips for getting the most out of the range (check the gallery for photos of these fabulous tips):
- To refresh your foundation at the end of a long day, lightly press your favourite day cream over your foundation until it softens and blends in. Then apply a little extra foundation where needed and finish the look with a light dusting of pressed powder.
- To revive and brighten tired eyes, mix your eyecream with a little Skin Perfect concealer on the back of your hand. Then pat the product under your eyes with your ring finger, paying particular attention to the darkest areas.
- To get your skin soft and glowing, mix the Skin Perfect illuminiser into your moisturiser and apply over your face and body. Applying a some of the product to your shoulder and collarbones will also give you a radiant glow.
And launching next month, Dr LeWinn’s will be releasing a limited edition brush kit, as a gift for purchasing products from their Skin Perfect range. The Limited Edition Kit features three brushes that will be the perfect partner for your new make up:
- Applying foundation has never been easier the with the Skin Perfect Dual Brush. Hide unsightly foundation lines by blending with the large end of the handy, dual ended blush. The other end effectively presses in your concealer, leaving you with natural, flawless skin.
- The Skin Perfect Precision Brush will add a burst of colour to the hard to contour areas in your face. Highlight your eyes and define your lips with the tightly tipped brush.
- The perfect final step to a flawless face is always pressed powder. The Skin Perfect Powder brush will set your makeup and make it long-lasting on even your busiest days.
Simply purchase a foundation and any other product from the range to get your hands on the limited edition brush kit. The Dr Lewinn’s Skin Perfect Collection and Brush Kit are available from your local Priceline store, pharmacies Australia wide as well as online at www.drlewinns.com.au.
To read all about the amazing launch we were treated to by Dr Lewinn’s, check out my friend Cheri from Ms Critique, she posted all the photos from the day – a seaplane up the coast for breakfast, it was just incredibly amazing!
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl