Chris Hemsworth was crowned GQ Australia’s “Man of the Year” Award for 2012, alongside Bella Heathcote who was named “Woman of the Year” announced tonight (November 13th) at Ivy in Sydney. Unable to make it, Hemsworth shared via video link at the event his excitement of scoring the the crown:
“GQ has been so supportive of me right from the beginning of my career,” he said during his acceptance speech, “and it’s an honour and a privilege to be acknowledged within their pages.”
The GQ Men of the Year Awards celebrates the country’s finest actors, comedians, sportsmen, artists, rock stars, fashion designers and creative visionaries recognizing the diverse and inspirational talents amongst them and honouring their contribution to Australia’s cultural landscape. Chris’ cover was photographed by by Simon Emmett.
Bella Heathcote who is currently a sharp upward trajectory, recently starring alongside Johnny Depp in Dark Shadows shared her excitement:
“It feels really good. GQ is an institution and its even an honour to be mentioned by them,” Heathcote told news.com.au. “I was genuinely surprised, I didn’t think GQ would have even thought of me!
Other winners for 2012 included:
- Sportsman of the year – Matthew Cowdrey
- Breakthrough of the year – Callan McAuliffe
- Media Personality of the year – Hamish Mcdonald
- Fashion Designer of the year – Brent Wilson
- Man of Style – Sam Sparro
- Chef of the Year – Matt Moran
- Actor of the year – Richard Roxburgh
- Band of the year – PNAU
- Solo Artist of the year – Guy Sebastian
- Businessman of the year – Radek Sali
- Creative Force of the year – Wayne Blair
- Social Force of the year – Matthew Mitcham
- Men of Chivalry – Cast of Howzat!
For more, visit GQ Australia’s website and read Chris’ story here, and enjoy the red carpet pictures (lots of Sydney starlets are missing, they were on the carpet for Cleo’s Swimsuit Party).
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl
Category: Glossy News