We’re now heading into the cooler months before us, so it is finally time to start embracing a little bit more drama in our lives. We’re not longer looking for bare-faced bronze beauties, or water friendly eyes – while we’re bundling up in cozy cardigans, we can get a little more daring. We can start celebrating the richer colours in our beauty palettes. Myer have just released their beauty picks for the seasons ahead, and it seems this year it’s all about smouldering, come-hither eyes and dewy, fresh skin.
We’ve done a breakdown of just how to achieve this season’s hottest look, as seen on Jennifer Hawkins, using the very best of Yves Saint Laurent’s luxurious products.
- Apply Le Teint Touche Eclat Liquid Foundation over the face. This adds a fresh touch of radiance and conceals imperfections.
- Then use the Touche Eclat Illuminator along the middle of the forehead, bridge of the nose, tip of the chin and upper cheekbones to illuminate and accentuate your features.
- Using the Pure Chromatics Eyeshadow Palette in #19 apply the lightest shade to the inner corner of the eyes. Apply the darker shade from the lash line to the socket line and blend well, until it is seamless.
- Define the eyes using the liquid Eyeliner Effet Faux Cils #01, and trace along the lash line, finishing with a subtle flick at the outer corner of the eye.
- Apply Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking to complete the eyes
- To finish the look without detracting from your dramatic eyes, define your lips with Rouge Volupte Shine in #08, a natural rosy nude.
Check out this how to video with Make Up Artist, Natasha Severino:
These Yves Saint Laurent products are available online at Myer, visit: www.myer.com.au/beauty and in case you missed it, check out our Black Carpet Arrivals and the Myer Autumn/Winter 2013 Fashion Show stories.
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl