Myer Ambassadors Jennifer Hawkins and Kris Smith launched the Myer Autumn Winter 2013 Collections last night (February 28th) at Mural Hall in a spectacular parade that showcased over 150 new season looks by Myer’s stable of leading Australian designers.
The Mural Hall, at Myer Melbourne, was transformed into a ‘Modern Day Portraiture Gallery’ featuring fashion images of the ‘Autumn Winter Edit’. Over 350 guests took their seats in a theatre style setting as over 37 models walked in over 150 looks alongside the heritage hall backed by a super scaled 25 metre x 5 metre wall with moving digital designer names inlayed in the portraits.
Jennifer Hawkins made a stunning entrance in Toni Maticevski to open the show. Jennifer took to the catwalk five more times through the show wearing gorgeous designs from Nicola Finetti, Manning Cartell, Arthur Galan AG, Charlie Brown and sass & bide to close the show.
Kris Smith appeared on the catwalk three times showcasing leading Myer menswear brands Arthur Galan AG, Blaq and R&G – a new label from the renowned Rodd and Gunn menswear range.
International model Alexandra Agoston who starred in the Myer Autumn Winter advertising campaign travelled from New York to appear alongside Jennifer Hawkins in the Myer Launch and looked stunning in Australian designer collections by Toni Maticevski, Cue, Aurelio Costarella, Fleur Wood, Karen Walker and sass & bide.
The key trends from Myer to incorporate into your wardrobes this upcoming Autumn/Winter 2013 season include:
- Winter Floral: The winter floral is out to seduce you this season, in delicate dresses, fitted tops and pretty jackets. But don’t let the old-world opulence fool you; it has a dark, dark side.
- Leather Look: The Leather Look is all about attitude this season. Long and buckled, cropped or fitted, the leather look will give you the tough girl edge.
- The Peplum: Cinched in at the waist to highlight your curves, the peplum is back. Metallics, leather and floral, let’s celebrate everything peplum in the season’s hottest jackets, skirts, dresses and tops. It’s been worth the waist.
- Lace: It’s feminine, but not as you know it. Delicate by looks, dynamic by nature, lace will take you from lunch to cocktails in fitted tops, long dresses and structured pants. It’s all over the lace.
- Bejewelled: This Autumn Winter, your wardrobe doubles as a jewellery box. Dresses, jackets and statement pieces sparkle with ornate riches. Make your entrance with a bling and a bang. Sequins, metallics and embellishments give you an extra shine.
- The Skinny Pant: The skinny pant is so hot this season. Texture, colour and print collide, with spectacular results. With tailored fit and strong silhouette, it’ll feel like a second skin.
Watch the show’s highlights here:
You can check out the black carpet arrivals here.
Photos Lucas Dawson
Your Pop Culture Gossip Girl
Category: Glossy News
Sites That Link to this Post
- We Chat to Jennnifer Hawkins about Fashion, Life & Laughing Out Loud | Sassi Sam Girlie Gossip Files | 5 March , 2013
- We Chat to Kris Smith about Fashion, Cooking and Girls in Beanies! | Sassi Sam Girlie Gossip Files | 4 March , 2013
- Beauty Breakdown: How to Get Jennifer Hawkin's Myer Beauty Look | Sassi Sam Girlie Gossip Files | 1 March , 2013
- Jennifer Hawkins & Kris Smith Join Local Celebs on the Myer Autumn/Winter 2013 Fashion Show Black Carpet | Sassi Sam Girlie Gossip Files | 1 March , 2013